Thinking of moving to Mexico but not sure about finances. Read our full breakdown on cost of living in San Cristóbal de las Casas, Mexico
In December we spent most of the month in San Cristobal de las Casas (we were in San Cristobal de las Casas from 23 November – 19 December) and, moved to Merida towards the end of the month.
The cost of living in San Cristobal was comparatively cheaper to other places we’ve been in Mexico however that last week or so of the month our costs up.
Eating out was a big expense for us this month with $358.67 of the total falling into San Cristóbal de las Casas and $336.28 over only 11 days in Merida! Oops.
We also spent a significant amount on activities while we took a few weeks off work. The below total for activities includes:
- $1,300 pesos/$65USD – Customs of indigenous villages, Chiapas
- $2,394 pesos/$120USD – El Chiflon and Montebello Lakes
- $4,580 pesos/$229.55USD – Chichen Itza and Las Coloradas (the pink pools)
- $1,783 pesos/$89USD) – Mayapan and Cenotes
December 2020: Income and Expense Report
|Rent (AirBnB Merida, paid in December for 19 Dec – 16 Jan)||$1,000.29|
|Taxi (San Cris) & Uber (Merida)||$50.85|
|Travel (flight) San Cris to Merida||$112.31|
Our income and expenses is for x 2 people and is made up of multiple streams (and excludes business expenses such as VAs, other. contractors, software etc.)
All $ mentioned are converted to USD using the latest exchange rate at the time of reporting.
In December our income was made up of:
- $207.71 Teaching English Online
- $3,934 Freelance (in December 2 x clients were late paying invoices for work that had been completed to the value of $1,410 which will be transferred to the month it is paid)
- $1,979 – Part-time employment income
Planning a trip to San Cris? We hope you found this post on the cost of living in San Cristóbal de las Casas valuable – let us know if there’s anything we’ve missed.