Get a taste of Mexico at home with this delicious salsa ranchera recipe. We recommended serving with totopos (corn chips) and a cerveza (beer)
- 1lb/450 gms tomatoes, broiled
- 4 chiles guajilloes (no veins or seeds) or any fresh, hot green chiles, charred
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped white onions
- Salt to taste
Blend the tomatoes, chiles and garlic together until fairly smooth.
Heat the oil and fry the onions gently without browning until it is translucent.
Add the blended ingredients and the salt to cook over fairly brisk heat for about 5 minutes. Stirring and the scraping the bottom of the pan until the sauce has reduced a little and the blend until smooth.